Date: 2014-05-30 12:52:01
Visit A detox diet like no other. During the Ultimate Herbal DETOX program it can be hard to invent new meals every day so here we show you how to make a delicious green salad in only 5 minutes. Visit www.iconherb.com
Salad for Two
● 2 to 3 large brown mushrooms
● Mesculin salad or salad greens (Brett used a packet mix from the supermarket,
not organic this time but would be best: Asian and European brassicas,
lettuces, endive and herbs.)
● Green olives
● 2 large fresh tomatoes
● Sun-dried tomatoes, approx 6
● Cilantro (coriander) optional
For the dressing
● Plain, unsweetened yoghurt about 2/3 cup
● Garlic, 6 cloves
● Lemon juice 1 small lemon or ½ a large lemon
● Olive oil a splosh!
● Dried oregano
To make the dressing, pour yoghurt into a bowl or jug, then peel and chop the garlic and mix into the yoghurt. Stir in lemon juice, olive oil and oregano.
While the dressing is marinating, chop the mushrooms and lightly sauté in a little olive oil. Do not overcook; they should be just a couple of minutes in the pan.
Throw salad greens into a large salad bowl.
Add the cooked mushrooms and about a dozen olives.
Chop and add the avocado, fresh tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes.
Now pour on the dressing and toss well.